When it comes to improving your sex life, you might be surprised to learn that you don't necessarily need to stock up on sex toys and lube. Actually, there are a lot of simple lifestyle changes you can make outside of the bedroom that will really help what goes on inside.
So before you buy stock in batteries, take a peek at my suggestions for simple changes you can make in your everyday life that will help make your sex life better.
1. Get more sleep: I realize that this statement is fairly obvious for pretty much every single thing in your life. More sleep just makes everything about existing as a parent so much better. And yes, it's really hard to do. But if you can go to bed earlier, even if it's just 30 minutes to start, you'll feel so much better and you'll have more energy to expend in the sack.
2. Get more exercise: People hear the word "exercise" and think that they somehow need to train for a half-marathon. That's absolutely not the case. Go for a walk every day. Try taking a fitness class a couple of times a week. You can certainly make a bigger commitment to exercise, but quite frankly, even a small one will help boost your endorphins, get you in better shape, and help your bedroom stamina. Better mood and better body confidence is a hot sex combination.
3. Eat healthier: A simple diet change can really help you feel more awake, more energetic, and just better overall. And when you feel better, you're more likely to want to have sex. Perhaps this is completely simplistic and animalistic logic, but sometimes it's just the small things that make a big difference. And really, who wants to screw after eating a gihugic hamburger, fries, and milkshake? Not me.
4. Go on more date nights: I know, I know. You're sick of hearing about date nights, right? But seriously, getting out of the house with your spouse or partner without the kids is like instant foreplay. Trade with a neighbor, find a relative, or if you can afford it, book a sitter. You don't even need to do anything sexy on your date. Just the quiet time without kids grabbing at your ankles is pretty darn hot.
5. Take care of yourself: You can interpret this however you like. Ahem. But seriously, whether it's 30 minutes where you just pop on the television so you can have some quiet moments with a cup of tea and a book, or if it's regular visits to the spa or salon, you need to put time for yourself on the books. Add it to your calendar or pop it on your to-do list. It's really amazing what time to yourself can do for your relationship and your sex life.
How do you get yourself to feel sexier?
Image via KissyFace/Flickr