Sometimes it doesn't matter what a woman accomplishes. Some men will always see her as a "skirt" first and a CEO second. Case in point: Yahoo head Marissa Mayer. At a recent stockholders meeting, a man stood up presumably just to ask about his stock dividend. Instead, he shared something quite unexpected:
I'm George Polis. I have 2,000 shares of Yahoo. I'm Greek, and I'm a dirty old man, and you look attractive, Marissa.
Why in the world would he think this was an appropriate thing to do? Mayer's response? She didn't. She just moved on, which was the right thing to do in this instance. But what are other smart, savvy, successful women to do when they encounter rude and ridiculous come-ons? You don't have to wonder any longer. The Stir has compiled the ideal guide of comebacks for the most annoying pickup lines.
- Line: Haven't I seen you someplace? Comeback: Yes. I am the receptionist at the STD clinic you are always at.
- Line: Can I buy you a drink? Comeback: Well, I'd rather have the money.
- Line: How did you get so gorgeous? Comeback: I think I got your share.
- Line: How do you like your eggs in the morning? Comeback: Unfertilized.
- Line: Didn't we go out a couple times? Comeback: Nah. Could have only been once. I would never make the same mistake twice.
- Line: Do yourself a favor and go out with me this weekend? Comeback: Shoot. I can't. I am going to have a headache those days.
- Line: I can tell how much you want me. Comeback: Yep. I want you. I want you to leave.
- Line: Your body turned my head. Comeback: Well, your face turned my stomach.
- Line: You know you wanna ask me out. Comeback: Okay. Get out.
- Line: Where have you been all my life? Comeback: Hiding from guys like you.
- Line: If I could see you naked, I'd die happy. Comeback: If I could see you naked, I'd die laughing.
More from The Stir: 17 Truly Bizarre Pickup Lines We Can't Believe Men Fed Us (PHOTOS)
What other clever comebacks have you used?
Image via hobvias sudoneighm/Flickr