Last night was the annual White House Correspondents' Dinner, in which celebrities, athletes and politicians mingle with the media. The president is always the most anticipated speaker, and since Obama's been in office, the standard stand-up routine has been a bit more fun! Stars at the exclusive event included Jessica Simpson, Lupita Nyong'o, Diane Lane, Sofia Vergara, Julia Louis-Dreyfus , and of course, star in her own right, Michelle Obama. The prez had plenty of things to poke fun of this year, what with the disastrous roll-out of Obamacare. Here are some of the president's best jokes from the evening.
- 2013 was rough. Sheesh. Things got so bad, at one point the 47 percent called Mitt Romney to apologize.
- We rolled out Healthcare.gov. [long pause] That could have gone better.
- In 2008, my slogan was "Yes, we can." In 2013, it was "Control, Alt, Delete."
- On the plus side, they did turn the launch of Healthcare.gov into one of the year's biggest movies. [A picture of Frozen appears on a screen.]
- MSNBC is here. They're a little overwhelmed. They've never seen an audience this big before.
- An American won the Boston Marathon for the first time in 30 years. Which was only fair because a Kenyan has been president for the past six.
- Hello Fox News ... you'll miss me when I'm gone. It will be harder to convince the American people that Hillary was born in Kenya.
- People are saying with my sagging poll numbers, my fellow Democrats don't want me campaigning with them. I don't really think that's true. Though I did notice that the other day Sasha needed a speaker at career day and she invited Bill Clinton.
- Gridlock has gotten so bad in this town, you have to wonder, "What'd we do to piss off Chris Christie so bad?"
- Republicans refuse to extend unemployment insurance ... I'm beginning to think they have a point. If you want to get paid while not working, you should run for Congress like everybody else.
Hey, it's either laugh or cry, right? At the correspondents' dinner, it's definitely a chance to laugh.
What was your favorite joke?
Image via YouTube