I love that this is "news." Did you know? Kate Middleton smiled and twirled her hair at a Remembrance Day ceremony Sunday. (Remembrance Day is basically England's Veterans Day, don't you know.) The royal family laid a wreath, there was a moment of silence, and the whole world gasped as Kate reached up with a gloved hand, grasped a lock of her shiny, be-curled hair, and worked its perfect spiral through her fingers. Primping, at such a solemn occasion! Well I never! But also, note to self: Buy curling iron tomorrow. Such is the power of Duchess Catherine.
But what was Kate thinking? I don't mean that as in "girl, what the hell are you thinking, twirling your hair like that?" I mean literally, what was Kate thinking about at the time? Here are our best guesses.
- It's so weird not to have Prince George in my arms right now. I hardly know what to do with my hands!
- I whip my hair back and forth/I whip my hair back and forth/I whip my hair back and forth ...
- Must remember to occasionally smooth my ringlets as per the royal hairdresser's instructions.
- Hmm, HRH William naked this morning, standing in that patch of sunlight by the window in the bathroom, so delicious.
- Yes, this navy coat was an excellent choice for my enamel poppy pin. What's the occasion again? So many ceremonies.
- Blimey, I need to pump or feed ASAP. About to explode with milk here. Please don't leak, girls!
- Michelle Obama ought to give extensions a try. I'm just saying.
- La ti da! La ti da.
- Am never cutting my hair like Princess Sophie's. Mark my words.
- Poor tabloids won't have a thing to write about this week if I don't think of something interesting to do. Um ... think of something interesting to do, think of something interesting to do, hmmm ...
- Did I remember to turn off the stove? Oh, silly me. I have servants to take care of that!
- Oh God, I have so many names to remember at the reception when this is over. Better go over my list one more time.
- Yeah bitchez, I'm twirling my damn hair. Wot ya gonna do, eh?
Do you think Kate had any idea she'd cause such a stir with such a simple gesture?
Image via Splash News