On Thursday, President Obama apologized to the multitude of Americans that are losing their health care plans as a direct result of the Affordable Care Act, aka Obamacare.
"I am sorry that they are finding themselves in this situation based on assurances they got from me," he said in an exclusive interview at the White House. "We've got to work hard to make sure that they know we hear them and we are going to do everything we can to deal with folks who find themselves in a tough position as a consequence of this."
More from The Stir: White House Bullies Cancer Patient Over Her Critique of Obamacare
This apology comes days after the revelation that the White House knew Americans wouldn’t be able to keep their plans, and the president lied repeatedly about it anyway. So I for one am not taking this apology too seriously. Maybe if he’d said, “I’m sorry that this interview is being filmed from the waist up, but it's because my pants are on fire due to all the lies that have come out of my liary liar-hole in my lying face,” I’d consider accepting it.
But hey, at least it’s a start. An apology is an apology, right? Now if only he could apologize for:
- Saying the attacks in Benghazi were the result of a video
- Fast and Furious
- Destroying our position in the Middle East
- Sending Churchill’s bust back to England
- The IRS targeting conservative groups
- The Syria “red line” humiliation
- The stimulus
- Not passing a budget in five years
- Halting the Keystone Pipeline
- Bowing to other heads of state
- Insulting small business owners with his “you didn’t build that” line
- Spending more money than all the other presidents before him -- combined
- Not condemning Occupy Wall Street for the unwashed, violent hippies they were
- Refusing to prosecute the Black Panthers
- Lavish vacations for his family while unemployment was in double digits
- Van Jones
- Shutting down the oil industry in the Gulf of Mexico
- Keeping World War II veterans from visiting their memorial
- Lack of support for Israel
- Blaming Bush
- Gifting Queen Elizabeth with an iPod loaded with pictures of himself and audio of his speeches
- Saying the public will be able to read every bill online five days before a vote
- Michelle Obama for her war on pizza and candy
What would you like to see the president apologize for?
Image via jfxgillis/Flickr