Finding The One isn't easy. Just ask every single woman on the planet. Men certainly aren't immune to that struggle. In fact, one man in Texas is so desperate to find love, he's willing to pay to get exactly what he wants. He is offering a $1,500 finder's fee to anyone who can hook him up with the girl of his dreams. He even created the website SleeplessInAustin.com to detail exactly what he's looking for. Problem is, some of his requirements are a bit outdated, if not bizarre.
First and foremost, wedding photographer Larry Busby wants a "woman of great quality." So what makes a woman of great quality?
- "Thin or athletic build"
- "No one over 130-pounds"
- "Ages 21 to 41"
- "White, Hispanic, or of European descent"
- "I will not date any girl that has ever had a threesome or a large number of past sexual partners. I do not want a promiscuous slut."
- "I will not date a Black girl. I don’t care if she looks like Halle Berry"
- "I do not believe that Whites & Blacs should mix races sexually and have kids together."
- "I would NEVER, EVER, EVER date a woman if I found out she had EVER been sexually active with a Black man."
Charming, isn't he? A lot of women would consider his rules a total turn-off. He requires a thin, athletic build, but as his website shows, he's certainly no David Backham.
Though, as annoying as this guy sounds, I have to give him credit for being honest about what he wants. If he's serious about finding a wife, why lie? Why pretend he is okay with characteristics that he's not? All too often, people hold back info or aren’t upfront when they are on the dating scene. The result is that you waste both your time and that of the other person. So while his requirements may seem silly or outdated to some, this way, both people know going in whether this has a chance of really working out.
What do you think of this guy's dating requirements?
Image via Nina Matthews/Flickr