Their storybook wedding in 2011 was just the beginning. Over the past two years, we've gotten to watch Kate Middleton and Prince William's fairy tale continue into happily ever after.
Given how reserved they're expected to be, we're not always privy to the most romantic highlights of their marriage. But some sweet details about the couple's relationship have made their way into the press. Here, six wonderful ways Kate has shown her love for Wills ...
- Kate recently made headlines for taking a cooking class from the couple's new housekeeper, Antonella Fresolone. Kate's reportedly learning how to make "a number of new dishes" for her husband in the small kitchen at Nottingham Cottage.
- A press officer was quoted last summer explaining that when Prince William was sometimes called away for 24-hour shifts as an operational captain in the Royal Air Force Search and Rescue Force, Kate embraced the role of "a military wife, supporting her husband whenever possible."
- In early May, the Duchess was spotted shopping for decor for the home she and Prince William. Nothing like a little bit of nest-building to make for a cozier, more tranquil space to share.
- It may not be the most direct way to show your affection to your spouse, but I'm sure playing nice with in-laws is always appreciated. And there's no doubt Kate's cozied up to the royal family in a wonderful way. She's been seen "frequently seen laughing uproariously with Camilla, or chatting earnestly with Charles," and Prince Harry feels like "Catherine is the sister he never had." Aww!
- Last month, the couple also reportedly spent a "lazy weekend" together in London. Us reports that "The Duke took a train up from Anglesey, Wales, to be with his wife before his royal engagements this week, which include a conference on illegal wildlife trade and the XXXVII Ordinary Union of European Football Associations Congress."
- Perhaps the most literal example of the Duchess showing the Duke she loves him: As Sir Chris Hoy pedalled to victory in the velodrome during London’s Olympic Games, Catherine flung her arms around Wills in what the Palace would most likely consider some serious PDA! But we loved it!
What romantic moment shared by the royal couple has been your favorite so far?
Image via Pascal Le Segretain/Getty