You know what they say: Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned. That is especially true in matters of the heart. Take Shena Moore, for instance. When she discovered flirty texts on her boyfriend's phone (that she didn't send), she decided to get even -- with the other woman. How, you ask? By attempting to cut off her fingers with garden shears. You read that correctly.
Wrong target, if you ask me. I believe the guy who actually made a commitment to you is to blame. But there are plenty of heartbroken women who don't see it that way. The other woman is the real villain in their eyes. Now, I'm all for a little revenge. But let's keep it legal, ladies. Here are a few suggestions for how to get back at your man's mistress that won't get you thrown in a jail cell.
- If she is married or in a committed relationship, rat her out. He has the right to know too. And in a way, you are doing a public service. If he is having unprotected sex with her, he should know if she's sleeping around.
- Confront her in public. You don't have to make a big scene, but let her know what she did was wrong and hurtful. If she has an ounce of decency, she will feel ashamed about breaking up a happy home.
- If she is a friend, ice her out. Don't take her phone calls, don't even acknowledge her existence.
- If you are in the same social circle, share her dirty misdeeds with the friends you have in common.
- Send her the bill for the movers after you kick your lying ex out of your house.
- Let her have him. Dealing with that inconsiderate, cheating jerk 24/7 is exactly what she deserves. Besides, if he'll do it with you, he'll do it to you.
However, there is ultimately a better course of action. As tempted as you may be to go after "her," you are better off just moving on with your life. Don't waste any more energy on that cheater or the skank he did it with.
Have you ever sought revenge against the woman who stole your man? What did you do?
Image via Matt P/Flickr