It's never been a mystery what side of the gun control debate Sarah Palin lands on. She's made no secret of her family's love of hunting; her daughters gave her a pink handgun for her birthday; and perhaps most telling, her son Trigg's nickname is Trigger. So she was the perfect person to fire up the ammo-loving crowd at the NRA convention in Houston, Texas today. Sporting a pink lettered "Women Hunt" tee, she quoted Shakespeare (yes, the playwright) and Margaret Thatcher. Was that unexpected? You betcha!
Now historically, I have not been much of a fan of the one-time Alaskan governor, but her impassioned rant -- however misguided many may think it is -- just may have been one of her best. Check out Palin's 8 most inspirational quotes from the NRA convention.
- Buck up or stay in the truck.
- This is a fight for the future of freedom.
- We are here to celebrate and preserve not just our Second Amendment freedoms. This is about what kind of people we are and what kind of country we want to be.
- Instead of leaders who offer real solutions, we have leaders who practice the politics of emotion ... The politics of emotion is the opposite of leadership. It's the manipulation of the people by the politicians for the own political ends. It's not just self serving, it's destructive and it must stop.
- We have these tragedies like Aurora and immediately the question raised in Washington is what can we do to limit the freedom of the people, but its the wrong question.
- The [New York City] Mayor and celebrities are protected by their bodyguards with guns. It's the old, 'What's right for thee is not right for me.'
- When Hollywood glorifies violence with its movies and underwrites gun grabs with its dollars, it's helping freedom destroy itself.
- I want Trigg to grow up in a country that is exceptional and that is still strong, good, decent, and free.
What do you think of Sarah Palin's stance on gun control?