It's been over a year since Amanda Knox was acquitted of murder, and now, the headline-making 25-year-old who spent four years in an Italian prison has agreed to sit down with ABC's Diane Sawyer for her first televised interview to air during a prime-time special on April 30. Reportedly, Knox will not be paid for the appearance but will, on the other hand, receive a consequent massive amount of press for her book, which is scheduled to come out the same day.
Amanda's case was polarizing. It was one of those trials, like Casey Anthony's, that the public simply devoured. Now, almost five years after Meredith Kercher's murder, we'll get our chance to hear Amanda's side of things. Here's what we hope she'll be asked about:
- What does she think of ex-boyfriend Raffaelle Sollecito's tell-all book?
- How'd she feel when she was named one of Maxim's Hot 100? Embarrassed? Proud? Appalled?
- Let's hear her thoughts on the accusation that she was a part of a Satanic ritual, and how she thought the Italian court handled her case. Clearly, after four years in jail, she must have some bitterness toward them, no?
- And those rumors she was sexually harassed in prison -- true? False?
- What went through her mind when she found out that her parents were going to be on trial in Italy for slandering the Italian police?
- At some point, did she just want to give up? Did she ever want to confess to the crime, even if she was innocent, just so the trial would stop?
- How does she respond to the interpretation that she was too carefree after the death of her roommate, which stemmed from her kissing her boyfriend in prison, doing cartwheels, and shopping for underwear?
- What was up with that cat-burglar Halloween costume? Was it really a middle-finger to the paparazzi, or was she dressed as a famous (to some, not most) soccer player?
- What's her life like now? Did she finish college? Any love interests?
- And last but not least, who does she think killed Meredith Kercher?
What questions do you want to hear Amanda answer?
Photo via Pacific Coast News