The recent story about three women whose fun girls' night came to a halt when a waiter referred to them as "fat girls" on the bill has outraged many of us. It's rude, insensitive, and completely uncalled for. He wasn't even apologetic when they confronted him. There was such a public backlash that management fired the server and understandably so. As outrageous as his actions were, it wasn't exactly rare. There are many incidences of people whose ridiculous, over-the-top behavior gets them canned too. Take at look 10 other unbelievable employees who deserved to get fired.
- A Taco Bell employee actually had the nerve to post a TwitPic of himself peeing on a customer's nacho order. Gross doesn't even come close to describing his behavior.
- He had to see this one coming. A mall Santa who was grumpy, rude, and mean to kids got the axe. He even told one little girl who asked for a doll that he was going to give her a football instead.
- A Thai flight attendant went off the deep end, threatening to throw coffee at a business class passenger, who happened to be the daughter of a despised political leader.
- A Burger King employee celebrated his birthday by taking a bath in the restaurant's sink. He got caught when a co-worker posted a video of his soak on the Web.
- A Buckingham Palace guard was barred from the royal wedding because of his boorish Facebook posts. What did he expect after referring to Kate Middleton as a "posh bitch"? He's lucky they didn't lock him up in the Tower or London.
- Gilbert Gottfried thought he was being funny when he tweeted insensitive jokes about the tsunami and earthquake in Japan. Instead of earning the comedian laughs, it got him fired from his gig as the Aflac duck.
- Ok, Steven Slater didn't exactly get fired. But he's on the list for most dramatic job exit of all time. The JetBlue flight attendant went berserk after a passenger was extremely rude to him. He went on a tirade, grabbed two beers from the galley, activated the emergency slide, threw his carry-on bag down, and then jumped himself.
- Cleveland bus driver Artis Hughes punched the crap out of a female passenger who argued with him. I'm sure his job was no picnic, but he deserved to get the boot for pummeling that woman, no matter what she said.
- Not to be outdone by that Burger King guy, three bikini-clad teenage girls working at KFC turned the chain's basin into a hot tub. Then one of the geniuses posted a pic of it on MySpace.
- Starbucks barista Christopher Cristwell crafted the most melodic rant you will ever hear. His original song, posted to YouTube, included this wicked verse:
I know you've had a s****y day but so have I, I really don't want to care, but I get paid to try/hello rich white lady, I already know what you want, you want a skinny vanilla latte, young debutante/well that drink won't make you skinny, you gotta work for that, and just in case you're running, I just called you fat ...
Have you heard of other outrageous behavior that has gotten someone fired?
Image via RamyRaoof/Flickr