Sometimes you just need a kick in the pants to reach for your goals. Zig Ziglar, a longtime motivational speaker and successful American author and salesman, was willing to give it to you. Ziglar died this morning at the age of 86 in Dallas. According to his Facebook page, the cause of death was a short bout with pneumonia.
It's inspiring, a man who had so much optimism about following your dreams and being determined. A World War II veteran, Ziglar also wrote 30 books including See You at the Top, which, heck, just about every college grad I know got for graduation from somebody.
In honor of his passing, let's take a look back at 10 of Zig Ziglar's most memorable quotes:
1. "You can have everything in life that you want if you will just help enough other people get what they want."
2. "If you learn from defeat, you haven't really lost."
3. "Sometimes adversity is what you need to face in order to become successful."
4. "The greatest good we can do for others is not just to share our riches with them, but to reveal theirs."
5. "If you can dream it, then you can achieve it. You will get all you want in life if you help enough other people get what they want."
6. "If you go looking for a friend, you're going to find they're very scarce. If you go out to be a friend, you'll find them everywhere."
7. "It's not what you've got, it's what you use that makes a difference."
8. "You cannot climb the ladder of success dressed in the costume of failure."
9. "If you don't see yourself as a winner, then you cannot perform as a winner."
10. "You do not pay the price of success, you enjoy the price of success."
Watch one of Ziglar's many inspirational talks, here:
Image via NewAgeMagazine/YouTube