George P. Bush Might Run for Office Because That's What George Bushes Do
Whew! That was some kind of exciting presidential election, huh? Between the completely inaccurate numbers and the completely offensive comments, there was almost too much going on to notice that this presidential election was also completely free of Bush family members. I mean, how often does that happen? No George H. W. Bush, no George W. Bush, no Jeb Bush or Samuel Prescott Bush or even just plain Prescott Bush. Of course, there were more than enough Romneys to take their place, but still. Anyway, no more slacking for the Bush bunch: 36-year-old George P. Bush, nephew of George W. Bush and son of Jeb Bush, has apparently filed papers "indicating that he intends to run for statewide office" in Texas.
The Republican lawyer has been working in politics for years (since birth, probably), so nobody is really very surprised by this step. Still, nobody knows WHICH office he's going after -- he left that section of the paperwork blank -- so there are still some surprises in store. Of course, for those who don't know anything about George P., everything about him is a surprise! What's that you say? Oh, you're one of those people who doesn't know anything about George P. Bush? Here are a few fun facts to get you started:
1. His mom is Mexican-American.
2. He co-founded the Hispanic Republicans of Texas, a "political action committee that recruits and supports Hispanic Republican candidates and officeholders."
3. He lives in Fort Worth.
4. I was recently appointed deputy finance chairman of the state Republican Party.
5. His full name is George Prescott Garnica Bush.
6. He was voted one of People Magazine's Top 100 Bachelors in 2000.
And ... that's all I got. But I'm sure we'll learn lots, lots more in the next four years.
What do you know about George P. Bush?
Image via Gage Skidmore/Flickr
Piping Hot Posts