Every day we are thankful for our troops, but November in particular is a special month for our country's men and women in uniform, both past and present. Not only is it Military Family Appreciation Month, but it's also Veterans Day on November 11.
So many of our lives have been touched, and some forever changed, by a special soldier. Check out our list of 20 reasons to love our men and women in the military:
1. They risk their lives for our country.
2. They are really good at choreographed dancing (while in uniform, too!).
3. When they propose, they make sure to do it well.
4. A few of 'em know a thing or two about how to make a great meal.
5. They always manage to have the most amazing way with words even in the most difficult of times.
6. Despite a common battle with Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD), they still try their best to love their family just as much as they always have.
7. They're obscenely good at every sport without trying too hard.
8. They'll stop at nothing when it comes to voting in a presidential election.
9. When deployed -- they appreciate everything you send them in a care package, even if it's just a few cookies.
10. They help Americans in other ways.
11. They look fabulous in uniform (OK, that's an understatement).
12. They're so ridiculously adorable when they're reunited with their pets after a long deployment.
13. They are dedicated, to say the least.
14. They have to leave their families behind to do their jobs.
15. Nothing will stop them from protecting the ones they love.
16. They can operate on little to no sleep, a great skill when you have a newborn baby!
17. They know the true definition of the word "hero."
18. They are determined.
19. They know how to tie the right kind of knot to make your daughter's new bracelet stay put.
20. They are wonderful role models to their children.
What do you love the most about your loved one in the military?
Image via The National Guard/Flickr
Going to baseball games
Riding bike rides in the nice weather
Playing outside after work/school
Going for walks outside