When you give birth to a cute little baby, you probably can't imagine a day when this cute little baby might, oh, go completely psycho and kill you. But it happens sometimes (thankfully not often). I firmly believe that some people are born psychopaths.
Take 17-year-old Jake Evans. In the most disturbing 911 ever, Jake describes in bloodcurdling detail how he gunned down his mother and 15-year-old sister for no particular reason. From reports, it sounds like Jake led an idyllic childhood -- though more information could come out later. Jake, his schoolteacher mother and businessman father, and his three sisters were avid churchgoers who lived in an upscale gated community in Texas. So why'd Jake kill his mother and sister? Let him tell you.
After Jake calls 911 to confess he'd just shot his mother and sister, the dispatcher keeps him on the line for 20 minutes while cops are en route. She asks him questions about why he might have done this. Here's some of things he says:
- I wasn’t even really angry with them. It just kind of happened. I’ve been kind of, uh, planning on, uh, killing for a while now.
- I guess this is really selfish to say, but I felt they were just suffocating me in a way. I don’t know, I’m pretty, I guess, evil ... Whatever, I’m sorry.
- This is going to really mess me up in the future.
Jake goes on to describe calling his sister out of her room and then beginning to shoot at her. (He got the gun from his grandfather, a former police officer, who lived across the street.) He shoots at his mother and sister three to four times each as they scream. But Jake can still only think about himself. He tells the operator:
- I hate the feeling of killing someone. (sigh) I’m going to be messed up.
- I’m really worried about, like, nightmares and stuff like that. (He then asks if there are medications he can take to ward off nightmares.)
- I don’t mean to sound like a wimp or anything, but this is, wow, I’ve never, like, done anything violent in my whole life.
- I didn’t want them to feel pain, that’s why I used a gun, but it’s like everything went wrong.
- I don't like myself now.
- I'm a little freaked out about guns now.
The dispatcher gives Jake instructions for how to surrender to police, and then he thanks her. UGGGGGHHHHHHHH!!!!
Listen for yourself:
Do you think people can be born psychopaths? What happened here?!
Image via Parker County Jail