Obama Administration Spends $8.35 Billion to Swindle Seniors
Since Obamacare passed into law over two years ago, we’ve been learning all kinds of nasty things about it, like the fact that it defunds Medicare of $500 billion. Sorry Grandma and Grandpa! No coverage for you. Seniors that like their current Medicare plans won’t be able to keep them after all.
In order to keep seniors in the dark about the impending doom to their health plans, the Obama administration launched an $8.35 billion “demonstration project.” According to a 1967 law, the secretary of Health and Human Services is legally allowed to allocate funds, without congressional approval, to pay for “experiments” to improve the execution of existing laws.
The Government Accountability Office (GAO) says what this administration is doing is a sham. They are not experimenting with ways to improve an existing law – they are trying to push back the implementation of a new one for their own political gain. Seniors mad about their coverage ending under Obamacare aren’t likely to vote for him. The administration is purposefully trying to keep them in the dark, while simultaneously spending millions on ads with Andy Griffith proclaiming things like, “That new health care law sure sounds good for all of us on Medicare!”
It’s disgustingly dishonest.
Not only is it a blindfold, it’s a very expensive one. Just how much is $8.35 billion?
- It’s more than twice what we spent on housing our military families ($3.4B) this year alone.
- It’s almost as much as the entire budget ($8.5B) of Nevada.
- It could buy 50,000 or so median-priced homes ($165K) in America.
- It’s enough to buy and e-reader ($174) for every student enrolled in public school.
- It’s enough to buy every high school student in the United States a fully loaded iPad with $85 to spend on apps.
- It’s enough to buy a new car ($20k) for every single resident of Atlanta.
That’s a lot of real money put on our tax bill, just so Obama can seemingly swindle seniors into voting for him by making sure their benefits don’t expire until after he’s elected. Stay classy, Mr. President.
Image via chefranden/Flickr
Piping Hot Posts