Apparently I'm a little late to the Cyber Monday party, since I've never, uh, "celebrated" the, uh, "holiday" and last year, Amazon alone sold 13.7 million items (158 orders per second!) on the internet's answer to Black Friday. I'm still not completely sold on the idea (no pun intended), but, well, Christmas isn't very far away ... and this Santa could stand to save a few bucks.
So I started surfing around, and guess what? There might be something to this whole Cyber Monday thing after all.
Here are 5 Cyber Monday deals that might help make this holiday season a bit easier on your bank account ...
- Microsoft XBox 360 250 GB Holiday Bundle, $199, Amazon Cash in on this offer, which includes Fable III and Halo Reach, and you'll save $100. Not bad!
- Hot Wheels Mega Garage Playset, $25, Walmart Since this generally sells for $39.99, you could even throw in a few extra sets of cars!
- FujiFilm FinePix AX350, $49.99, BestBuy Got a budding photographer in the house? Snag this 16MP camera for $50 less than usual.
- Buy one video game, get one for 60% off, Toysrus Choose from hundreds of titles! (Which haven't been announced yet, but there are bound to be some good ones.)
- 60% off a "top-selling" scooter, Target They won't tell us which scooter just yet, but I'm betting its name begins with the letter "R" ...
Most Cyber Monday deals haven't been announced yet, so don't worry if none of these items match up with whatever is on your kids' Christmas lists. Word to the wise: You won't have to worry about getting to the store at the crack of dawn (or before) to avoid Black Friday-esque crowds, but items do sell out quickly on Cyber Monday, so don't wait too long to get online.
What are you hoping to score on Cyber Monday?
Image via miguelphotobooth/Flickr