Victoria Jackson at CPAC 2011Remember kooky blonde comedienne Victoria Jackson from SNL back in the late '80s, early '90s? Well, she's not joking anymore. She's come out of the closet, so to speak, as a proud Hollywood conservative in the past few years and says she's "passionately trying to save our country." Jackson is a loyal member of the Tea Party and was at the recent Conservative Political Action Conference (CPAC), where she was selling her CD Use Me, which includes the song she wrote about President Obama titled "There's a Communist Living in the White House."
Silly songs and big polka dot bows aside, can we really take Victoria Jackson seriously when it comes to politics?
To give you an idea where Victoria Jackson stands politically, when asked at CPAC how she got involved in the Tea Party, Jackson responded:
In 2008, I heard someone was running for President who was left of Hillary. And I said, "What's left of Hillary?" That would be Communist! So I did research, and I was horrified ...
She also declared:
Obama is a communist. I only woke up because we elected a communist. How can I hold it inside when I see people going off a cliff? I have to say, "You are going off a cliff."
And what proof does Jackson have that President Obama is, indeed, the Communist she has deemed him to be? Well, the "proof" plays out in her silly song "There's a Communist Living in the White House!!" of course:
- His grandparents were socialists.
- His parents were communists.
- He had "Marxist" professors.
- He taught a course in college on Saul Alinsky.
- He told "Joe the Plumber" on the campaign trail "spread the wealth," which is a direct quote from the Communist Manifesto written by Karl Marx and Friedrich Engels.
- He appointed Van Jones to be his green jobs czar, and a Capitalist would never appoint a Communist advisor.
- His church of 20 years with Jeremiah Wright preaching is Black Liberation theology, which is not Christianity but Marxism.
- As soon as he got in office, he had the government take over the banks and the car industry and now he's trying to jam down our throats socialized medicine and the Cap and Trade.
Wow, I can't even speak to most of that less-than-convincing "proof," but it's also really hard to take Jackson seriously. Blame it on all the loony, air-headed characters she played on SNL, but whenever she speaks, especially in an impassioned or radical way -- during which her hair shakes crazily, her eyes bug out, and her voice goes up another unbelievable octave -- everything she says seems even crazier than it already is.
WATCH Victoria Jackson sing "There's a Communist Living in the White House!!":
But here's a thought ... maybe Victoria Jackson is really staging her comeback. Maybe she's pulling a Joaquin Phoenix but instead of faking a rap career, she's pretending to be the most nutty screwball Tea Party devotee she can conjure in hopes of landing a new gig. Wouldn't that be a hoot? If that's a comedic performance, Victoria, you're hired! If not, well ...
Whether you agree with Victoria Jackson's politics or not, can you take her seriously?
Image via YouTube