The seemingly soulless couple asking everyone to decide if they should have an abortion or not, may not be real after all. Pete and Alisha Arnold -- if those are their real names -- even have our own writers asking if they should be shot for having the Internet decide if they should have an abortion or not.
I have to admit I thought this had to be a fake the first time I read about the two 30-year-olds who just kind of weren't ready to have kids, and apparently I'm not alone. While the couple claim to be pro-choice, and the husband decides this a great civics lesson, as many other sites point out: They have zero understanding what pro-choice even is, if they think letting someone else make the choice is in line with pro-choice thinking.
Like Balloon Boy before them, this is an incredibly uncool way to try to garner publicity. However, I'm pretty sure that's all it is -- a cheap way to get people talking in hopes of some personal gain. Here's why:
- The Arnold's are fans of George W. Bush, and Glenn Beck.
- No self-described Libertarian would let some random Internet vote tell him what to do.
- The overuse of sonogram photos showing their baby off to the world reeks of emotional blackmail, not thoughtful discourse.
- Evidence that Pete Arnold, aka Zeeboid, is a "anti-choice troll" already terrorizing the Internet.
- No one is that stupid. No one.
This isn't real, it's a zealot trying to upset people into believing pro-choicers are immoral, cavalier and don't give a damn about babies. If he actually had a conversation with anyone who was pro-choice, he'd know none of that is true.
So while I would never tell anyone else what to do with their body, I will beg Pete Arnold to get a vasectomy. That man should not be breeding.
Image via Birthornot