Signs and T-shirts are always good for injecting a little humor into any rally -- and Jon Stewart's upcoming Rally to Restore Sanity (and Stephen Colbert's March to Keep Fear Alive) are unlikely to be the exception to that rule. Not least because both men are comedians who have likely already had conference rooms filled with writers working overtime on slogans.
While we'll have to wait until October 30 to get a look at what they've come up with, some folks have started working on their signs already. Public Citizen is holding a "What Sign Should I Bring to Jon Stewart's Rally to Restore Sanity?" and it already has more than 2,600 entries.
Take a peek:
- Hope + Change = Hitler!! Wait, what?
- Sanity, not Hannity
- "Refudiate Truthiness!"
- Immigrants, Muslims, and Gays, Oh My!
- Kiss my Corporation
- Glenn Beck slept here
- What would Jefferson do?
- Crazies to the Right of us. Crazies to the Left of us. Here we are, stuck in the middle. With you?
- Taking America back from Americans!
- CONSERVATIVES CARE ABOUT PEOPLE AND PIGS CAN FLY
- Jesus Practiced Free Health Care
- "Life, Liberty, & the Pursuit of Sanity!"
- STEWART/COLBERT IN 2012
- Facts are Not Reality
- 1% is not a majority
- Sanity -- It's not witchcraft!
- NO TAX CUTS FOR RICH WELFARE QUEENS
- If you're not Native American, your ancestors were immigrants too
- I like my tea with civilized discourse
- Keep your church off my state!
- Somebody Spiked Somebody's Tea!
- "Wee, the people"
- Jesus healed the sick. Insurance companies? Not so much
- I DON'T WANT TO BE BOEHNERED!
- Want to live in a place with no government? Try Somalia
- I have to pay for your wars. You have to pay for my roads.
- Michele Bachmann -- Do we have a million yet?
- Colbert? I thought you said "Cold Beer!"
- This sign is spelled correctly
- Signs? We don't need no stinking signs!
What sign would you carry at the Rally to Restore Sanity?