Photo by Serenity1983
We may have a new President-elect, but we still have a very poor economy. Times are tough for most American families. And yes, just in time for the holiday season. So stressful!
My husband and I are working on getting into a new spirit this season. It's the frugal living spirit! The spirit of saving, cutting back, reducing debt, and changing our family's mindset about wants vs. needs. Sure, there's a lot of work to do, but one step at a time...
Here are some great links that celebrate Frugal Living.
- 18 Means for Living Below Your Means
- Save money with a Fun Allowance
- Gear up mentally for a Frugal Holiday Season
- Resources for Frugal Living (via SF Chronicle)
- Great ideas in the Frugal & Thrifty Moms group (must be a group member to view)
+++How is your family dealing with the poor economy? How are you cutting back and making do? Share your tips and secrets below.