What did you do with the crib after your little one outgrew it? Chez Larsson has seven creative ideas for how to repurpose a crib (using the slatted sides or bottom) in other rooms in your home.
Seriously, I think these ideas are downright brilliant! Plus, you are being green by reusing/recycling a piece of furniture that would otherwise end up in the garbage.
- Mount it on the wall as a display for kids' artwork.
- Hide unsightly radiators by turning it into a radiator cover.
- Re-purpose as a drying rack in the laundry room.
- Cover it with fabric and hang as decorative wall art.
- Use as a rack to hang pots and pans in the kitchen.
- Attach wheels and use it as a play-board for kids to decorate or set up blocks, toys, etc. Roll under the bed when finished with play for the day!
Check out Chez Larsson's blog for detailed diagrams of each idea.
What did you do with your child's crib after he/she outgrew it?