Photo from Anthropologie
I love the look of mirrored furniture, but it's so pricey! This gorgeous piece from Anthropologie is a whopping $1,300!!
But, thankfully, you don't need to take out a loan for mirrored furniture, you can do it yourself!
Here's what you'll need:
- A piece of furniture: Save even more money by getting a used piece at a thrift shop or on Craigslist. Keep in mind, straight lines are the easiest to work with.
- Glass cutter
- Ruler or measuring tape
- Eye protection
- Mirror mastic
- Using the glass cutter and ruler, score where you need the mirror cut. After scoring, snap the piece off.
- Apply mirror mastic to the back of the mirror pieces and press them firmly onto the furniture piece. Is easier to put on large pieces and then fill in the holes with smaller pieces.
- Repeat until the piece of furniture is covered.
- Clean your new mirrored furniture pieces with acetone, removing all the excess mirror mastic.
- Apply the grout to soften jagged edges and fill in any tiny gaps you may have. Remove the extra grout with a damp cloth.
Voila! Your very own mirrored furniture piece!
Do you like the look of mirrored furniture? Would you try this project?