Are you and the kids ready for the upcoming and LONG Fourth of July weekend? Well, while you countdown to the fun, here are three fun 4th of July craft activities plus some musical suggestions for an Independence Day mixtape.
Here are three cute ideas for 4th of July crafts from around the web:
1. Fourth of July Confetti Popper Rockets (pictured above): Safe and super-cute party poppers for the patriotic holiday.
2. 4th of July Placemats: An adorable place to eat your BBQ hot dogs and potato chips.
Photo from The Crafty Crow
3. Tin Can Stilts with Stars: Great old-fashioned fun for the neighborhood 4th of July parade or just another way for the kids to drive the adults mad as they clomp around on these all day.
Photo from FamilyFun
4. Make an Independence Day Mixtape: The mobile music site mSpot.com offers this list of 10 fun Fourth of July ringtones for the holiday.
Upload some stars and stripes spirit to your mobile device or buy and download the MP3s to make a fun "mixtape" soundtrack for your holiday.
- 4th of July by the Beach Boys
- Sparkler by Fivecrown
- Burnt by the Sun by David Byrne
- Fireworks by Plain White Ts
- Long Weekend by Rubyhorse
- Popsicle by Talking Heads
- Freedom by Akon
- Red, White and Blue by Robert Plant
- Those Lazy, Hazy, Crazy Days of Summer by Nat King Cole
- Traffic by Stereo MC
I might also add these five additional Fourth of July song favorites to the list:
- Saturday in the Park by Chicago
- Freedom by George Michael
- Kids in America by Kim Wilde
- Born in the U.S.A. by Bruce Springsteen
- American Girl by Tom Petty & the Heartbreakers
Image via Alpha Mom