Photo from Martha Stewart
In the name of trimming costs this economically challenging holiday season, more and more people are talking about giving handmade holiday gifts.
Obviously, not every mom can sew, not every mom is super crafty, and none of us have much extra time. And while holiday cookies, cakes, and chocolates are fun and appropriate in many cases, when it comes gifts for family members and close friends, a lot of people like to give gifts that last beyond the holiday season.
So I'm collecting super easy handmade holiday gift ideas. Like I love these super-simple and adorable Twig Coasters from an old issue of Martha Stewart Living.
But what is EASY, you ask? Well, here's my best shot at a definition (although all ideas will be considered)!
EASY Handmade Holiday Gifts defined:
- Less than 3 craft instruments (scissors, ruler, Xacto knife, etc.)
- Less than 5 material goods (fabric, glue, paper, string, etc.)
- Does not require a sewing machine.
- Does not require a crafter skill like stitching, knitting, crocheting, etc.
- Does not take longer than about 15-20 minutes (that's about the time it takes to walk into a store and buy a gift, right?).
If you have an easy handmade holiday gift idea to share, leave a comment and/or link in Discuss This below. If it really is EASY, then your idea might be featured right here on Home & Garden Buzz.
Also of interest on CafeMom:
- "making Christmas gifts..." thread in the handmade holidays group
- A Handmade Halloween With CafeMom Etsy Moms
- The Handmade Pledge