Tomorrow, May 1st is May Day—and for many, a day to share flowers, dance, be merry, and celebrate spring. I could handle a little of that.
My favorite of the popular May Day traditions is secretly hanging a basket of flowers and small gifts on a neighbor's doorknob. What a lovely gesture.
Here are some simple ways to celebrate May Day this year:
- Give your neighbor a May Day flower basket
- Make your own Maypole and dance around it
- No May Pole? Craft some festive Ribbon Streamers with the kids
- Craft a pretty paper heart flower bouquet for someone special
- Lay in the grass and make Daisy Chains (I love doing this!)
- Wear flowers in your hair just for the springtime of it
Many of you are celebrating May Day tomorrow. I hope you'll share your traditions and ideas for celebrating May Day with us here.