It's easy to clean greener this spring, using several everyday items around your house.
10 Household Items for Greener Spring Cleaning
Here are some everyday household items you can use to make your house sparkle this spring—in that special and nontoxic kind of way.
- Use lemon to remove stains from wood or plastic
- Vinegar can be used to clean almost everything and also works as a fabric softener
- Baking soda and Castile soap make a great nontoxic bathtub cleaner
- Use a pillowcase to clean your ceiling fan
- Turn olive oil, rubbing alcohol, and lemon juice into floor cleaner
- Use old socks to make a reusable Swiffer pad
- Clean tile and grout with toothpaste
- A little borax left overnight makes for easy toilet cleaning in the morning
When your household items can do double duty as cleaners, you'll save money on having to buy lots of household cleaners too! This is just one more way that going green can be frugal, and that sure is nice.
+++ What about you? What secrets do you have for cleaning with everyday household items?