It's a great idea to think outside the box and, whenever possible, figure out how to reuse everyday items we use around the houseâ€”although many of you have been doing this for years. Before you toss that glass jar or those single socks into the can bound for a landfill or even into the recycle bin, consider if there's a way to creatively reuse it first.
Photo from The Kitchn
More creative reuse ideas for everyday household items...
- Reuse Spaghetti Sauce Jars, ideas from the handmade holidays group. Favorite idea: Dispense and store ribbon/string/yarn/twine. Just punch a hole or two in the lid (tess-n-co).
- Reuse Worn Out Socks, ideas from Green, Organic, Natural, Simple Living group. Favorite idea: Cut off the feet and make a baby legwarmers (sunshinegirl777).
- Reuse Oatmeal Containers, ideas also from Green, Organic, Natural, Simple Living group. Favorite idea: Lay sideways and cut a hole in the side for a perfect baby doll bed (hippypeg).
- Reuse Dryer Lint (yes, that's right), ideas from the Frugal & Thrifty Moms group. Favorite idea: Make clay; click over for the simple recipe (FirstTimeMom102).
More creative reuse ideas:
- Creative ways to recycle baby food jars
- Reuse vinyl shower curtains
- Make a worn out paperback into art
- Reuse an empty plastic bottle
- Film canister reuse
- Reuse canning jars as picture frames
+++ What about you? Got any creative reuse ideas to share with us?