You've talked about them, you've heard about them ... and odds are, you've taken quite a few of them: SELFIES.
Now we all know the word "selfie" was officially added to the Oxford Dictionary this year. And yes, I'm rolling my eyes right along with you, but I also think we should embrace it. Selfies aren't going anywhere. They're hip. Dope. Poppin. Full of swag. Okay, I'm stopping now.
So with Halloween right around the corner, I thought to myself ... could I put my favorite holiday and the world's biggest trend together?
And the answer to that is yes. YES I CAN. Let me show you how to make your very own selfie Halloween costume. Oh, and did I mention this costume costs less than $25 to make?
Here's what you'll need:
Here's how to do it:
1. Spray paint the whole box the color of your choice, or cover in construction paper. Up to you!
2. Have a friend help you figure out where to cut out the head and arm holes.
3. Use a sheet of white poster board to create the screen of the phone, trimming it so that it’s framed by the black, then cut out the holes in the poster board to match the holes in the box.
4. Use spray adhesive to stick the poster board to the box.
5. Draw a cartoon neck and torso on the poster board. Or, if you can’t draw and you’ve got the money to spare, have an ACTUAL selfie of yourself blown up to get glued on to the box. Cut out your face on the picture.
6. Add details like power, volume, and home buttons using a silver paint pen.
7. Bling out your phone with a jewel case! Make it your own!
8. Get ready to win every Halloween costume contest!
Will you try this out?