Are you a major salt lover like I am? Man, I just can't seem to get enough of the stuff. I add it to everything, from salads to eggs to vegetables and meats. You name it -- I put salt on it.
But besides being a great seasoning, there are actually some other great uses for salt in your home that just might make your life a bit easier -- not to mention saving you a few bucks.
Check out these 10 cool things you can do with salt.
- Get rid of ants -- Ugh! Ants are the WORST. But they hate salt, so if you sprinkle it by doorways and on windowsills, it should deter them from entering your home.
- Repair holes in the wall -- Who knew salt was good for this? Simply mix 2 tablespoons of salt and 2 tablespoons of cornstarch with water to make a paste to fix holes with.
- De-ice your driveway and walkway -- Nobody wants to try and walk from the car to the house on a sheet of ice. Salt does the trick in melting it quickly!
- Get rid of water rings -- How many coffee cup rings are on your end tables? Rubbing salt and a little vegetable oil onto the spot will help remove the rings.
- Remove stains -- Yep, salt acts as a stain remover on laundry for things like blood, wine, and perspiration stains.
- Sanitize cutting boards -- Instead of running them through the dishwasher, sprinkle salt on them and then rinse with a damp cloth.
- Kill weeds -- Did you know that pouring salt around weeds will take care of them in a jiffy? Me neither.
- Stop pipes from freezing -- Pouring salt in your drains will save you from having to run the water to avoid having your pipes freeze and burst.
- Clean china -- Sure, you probably only use your china once a year, but salt will keep it shining. Mix salt and white vinegar and let it sit on the china for a few hours. Remove, and the stains are gone.
- Banish mold and mildew -- Mix salt with lemon juice and put it on the mildew and/or mold, then leave the item out in the sun to dry.
Do you have any creative uses for salt to add to this list?
Image Image ©iStock.com/haha21