Moms Reveal the Weirdest Gifts They've Ever Been Given
Yes, it is the thought that counts, but sometimes it doesn't seem like our loved ones actually put much thought into the gifts they give. Who hasn't been there? You excitedly rip through the wrapping paper to find some truly bizarre present that couldn't possibly be for you. Oh, but it is. So we polled real moms to find out the weirdest, wackiest, and rudest gifts they've ever received. Check out their hilariously outrageous answers.
- "One Mother's Day my first husband got me a mop. Yeah, he's an ex now. In his defense, I needed a new one, but seriously?"
- "I got a t-shirt that said, 'My Third Favorite Daughter In Law.' And she wonders why I don't like her to visit!"
- "I got a gym membership and a diet cookbook. I got the message and I didn't appreciate it."
- "One year my ex gave me doilies ... like what little old ladies put on their tables. I was pretty offended that he didn't know my taste and we'd been married two years at that point."
- "A month's supply of toilet paper. It's useful but jeez!"
- "A dog that died three days later."
- "My sister-in-law gave me a book that she didn't remember I had given her for her birthday a few months earlier."
- "When I was a dog groomer, I got a TON of weird gifts from clients. I got used lipstick from one and the weirdest was I got underwear from another client. She was so proud of her gift too. Who buys their dog groomer undies?"
- "This is no joke. I used to collect pig knickknacks for my kitchen, so my mother thought it would be hilarious if she bought petrified poop in the shape of a pig. Yep, you read that right. I got shit as a gift. I almost wish I still had it so I could snap a picture for you."
- "I got a half melted candle."
- "I got a mouse pad. We don't own a desktop computer."
- "I got some clothes from my husband's aunt. They were nice ... but also an XL. I wear a small or medium in women's."
- "A plain umbrella. From an aunt. She got it at a department store when she had to purchase certain things and got a free gift with that. So she gave me the free gift. There was no thought behind it."
- "One of those Chia Pets!"
- "A Winnie the Pooh coloring book -- first Christmas present from my mother-in-law. She has a history of giving weird gifts."
- "A Super Dooper Reindeer Pooper -- Christmas present three years back from my husband's work to his family. It's a reindeer that poops out brown jelly beans."
- "My mother-in-law gave me Campbell's soup."
- "I got a pencil and a sock one year ... the sock had 100 bucks in it though."
- "My mother-in-law gave me alfredo sauce mix."
- "My ex gave me a 'Seymour Butts' -- this thing that you suction-cupped to your car window to moon people who pissed you off in traffic. Same idiot also put a Downy ball fabric softener thing in my Christmas stocking the first Christmas after we were married."
- "I would say the worst gift I have ever gotten was from my MIL and she got me a Yahtzee pad ... how in the world do you show excitement over that? I am sure my face was priceless. Also my stepsister bought me a pocket rocket one year. Try opening something like that up in front of a room full of people."
- "My mom gave me a toilet plunger and brush one year. I have no idea what the heck she was insinuating there."
- "Last year my father-in-law gave me a loaf of bread."
- "My mother-in-law got me a box of expired medication, and I have no idea what she thought I was going to do with it. It's like she went through her cabinet or one of those discount grocery stores and bought every outdated pill, cream, spray, ointment, Tums, cough syrup, eye drops, just about everything ... and put it in a box and wrapped it. I think she was trying to kill me!"
More from The Stir: 8 Gifts Never to Give a New Mom
What is the worst gift you've ever received?
Image via Amazon.com