If you're like most of the women in this country, then odds are good there's a copy of Fifty Shades of Grey sitting on your bedroom nightstand. (Am I right?)
Women just can't seem to get enough of this book, and some have even seen a major improvement in their sex lives because of it. Instead of flocking to department stores to pick up sexy lingerie, moms are heading to adult bookstores to pick up toys to try out in the bedroom with their husbands. But unless you really set the stage for Fifty Shades of Grey style "romance," the experience may not quite measure up to your expectations.
And while you don't have to make any drastic changes or set up your own "red room of pain" or anything like that, there are a few steps you can take to give your bedroom enough of a Fifty Shades of Grey makeover to really get you in the mood to take your sex life to new heights.
1. Eliminate all distractions -- Yes, this means kicking your bedroom TV to the curb (or at least another part of the house). In order to rev up your bedroom action, you need to get rid of anything that will potentially prevent you from living in the moment. (It's time to focus, ladies!)
2. Ambiance is everything -- Think about the lighting in your bedroom -- does it set the tone for getting down and dirty with your honey? Because nothing kills the moment like a bright overhead lighting fixture. Pick up a couple of lamps with soft bulbs to tone things down and create a sensual mood. And of course, add a few candles to make things even sexier.
3. Create your own toy chest -- No Fifty Shades of Grey fantasy is complete without bringing fun adult toys into the mix. Clear out the drawer of your nightstand and fill it with all things Ana & Christian so you can easily grab them whenever the mood strikes you.
4. Trade up your furniture -- If you really, really want to take things to the next level, think about getting a new bed frame with a headboard that you can, well -- tie things to. (Wink, wink.)
5. Make your bed a place you want to have sex -- Scratchy, old sheets and floral prints really don't say "give it to me" quite as well as silky sheets & clean, bold colors. Pick up a new set of sheets and get a duvet you can't resist getting busy on.
Have you done anything to try and recreate the Fifty Shades of Grey experience in your home?
Image via ...love Maegan/Flickr