Hey, we know -- not everyone in the world celebrates Christmas. Does is seem like the whole world shuts down on that holiday? What if you don't feel like spending this Sunday in your pajamas, eating Chinese takeout and scrolling through your Netflix queue? Maybe you'd like to go out and do a little shopping -- while the stores are practically empty! Heaven!
Well, I'll warn you, it's pretty slim pickings. Most of the retail chain stores that stay open for the holiday are drug stores. But hey, you need to stock up on cotton balls sometime, right? Keep reading to find out where you can shop this Christmas.
Keep in mind, hours are for most stores, but not necessarily all. Check your local grocery store as some independent stores may be open.
- Cumberland Farms (convenience store): 8:00 a.m. - midnight
- CVS: 10:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m.
- Dunkin' Donuts: 6:00 a.m. - noon
- Family Dollar: 10:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
- Pathmark: Check your local store; some offer limited hours.
- Rite Aid: Regular hours
- Starbucks: 7:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
- Walgreens: 9:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.
So... anyone up for a movie? Most theaters are open on Christmas Day.
Do you plan to go shopping on Christmas Day or is it nice to take a break from spending money for a day?
Image via Phillip Pessar/Flickr