Wow, the fun coming out of the 2011 Consumer Electronics Show! The tablets, the super duper smart phones, the 3D stuff that will be obsolete in three years. Or you could skip the new phone technology and just re-wire your entire kitchen with high-tech appliances that will make you live the Jetsons' dream. You know, the one that didn't give us jet packs, but will allow us to get a text message from our clothes dryer.
One of the other really fun things to pop up in the every day was the wired refrigerator. These sub zeros aren't only about easy access to the ice cream and soda, you can also let your friends know what you're up to as you hit the fridge. This wi-fi enabled, LCD screened refrigerator lets you tweet while you fill up your cup with ice cubes. And if you think that's a good idea, this might be the kind of tweets we'll all be seeing from you in the future.
- Does anybody know if "best used by" means expired? Or is just a guideline?
- Buying that giant stick of Brussels sprouts at the Farmers' Market was a mistake.
- Somebody ate that last piece of chocolate pie that I was saving for tonight's episode of Snapped. Someone will be sorry.
- What goes best with tortilla chips? Peanut butter or cream cheese? Yes, I'm drunk.
- Cheesecake is gooooooooood.
- How many points is fried cheese if I just microwave it?
- Gluten free beer sucks.
Would you want a fridge that could tweet?
Image via Robert Scoble/Flickr