I don't know about you, but my media center is a mass of DVDs, video games, CDs and a bunch of other stuff that can really only be labeled: "crap."
It's an unending struggle to keep everything neat and in order, not to mention clean. Even with doors, dust seems to gather, discs are left out, cords appea ... I think you're beginning to get the picture. It's starting to seem like a lost cause.
So I turned once again to Jill Pollack Lewis, who has been helping with our 10 Days to Clutter Free countdown. It's Day 6!
Step 1: Save only the bare essentials
What Should Be There:
- Video game systems and games
- CDs and DVDs
- Board games
Step 2: Rethink your center's purpose
What Should Not Be There:
- Important files
- Anything not entertainment related
Step 3: Get organized tips
- Buy CD and DVD books to store discs and booklets and toss the jewel cases
- Buy a small travel CD case if you want to travel with CDs
- Invest in a good MP3 player and digitize your music collection
- Repurpose a basket or tray to contain all the remotes and controllers
Image via Piat/Flickr