Taylor Swift took a huge step and bought her first home this year and is currently loving living by herself (except for the spooky ice maker). She opens up about her experience in a recent interview with Canadian entertainment TV program, eTalk.
The best part about moving out is having my own kitchen, decorating my place, walking around talking to myself, singing all alone, dancing around by myself. [But] I have an incredibly loud ice maker, that sounds like a person is trying to break in! I have conversations with myself in the middle of the night, "It's just the ice maker, it's just the ice maker, it's just the ice maker," so I'm getting used to it!
Sure living on your own can be scary, but it's also incredibly exciting. Here are eight pieces of advice for the starlet on living by yourself:
- Decorate to your own personal style: Taylor has such a great fashion sense, so she should definitely use inspiration from her closet for her walls.
- Stock up on tools: Sure she may have Jake Gyllenhaal to play handyman (and to be honest, it makes me drool just a bit thinking about him with a hammer), but it's so rewarding, especially as a woman, to fix your own drains, lights, etc.
- Learn how to cook: Best way to a man's heart is through his stomach. And even when you're by yourself, a homecooked meal always trumps take-out.
- Give your BFF a spare key: Taylor's young, which means her friends probably aren't out on their own just yet. There may be one night when her BFF needs a sanctuary at 2 a.m.
- Get a pet: Pets are great if you live by yourself because it keeps you from being lonely (and from talking to yourself). Plus, you'll always have someone to listen to you while you sing!
- Host girls' night: Martinis (she turns 21 next month), chick movies, and gossip make for an amazingly memorable night. You're never too old for a sleepover!
- Nightlights are okay: Things that go bump in the night can be scary when you're by yourself!
- Security is a necessity: Maybe not for the rest of us, but Taylor definitely needs to make sure her security system is high quality.
Have any tips for Taylor?
Image via Facebook