Katy Perry and Russell Brand are going to be shacking up in New York City, according to The Real Estalker, until they're married later this year. Of course, they're already shacking up in Los Angeles too. Did you think they weren't? They bought a much larger 4,706-square-foot house in Los Angeles last December. And I'm sure they were probably also shacking up in Russell's London townhouse, which he recently sold.
Shacking up all over the world, yes, they are. Not too shabby for these younglings. Let's take a closer look at the new place.
Katy and Russell's new 1,500-square-foot, two-story penthouse in the TriBeCa neighborhood has two bedrooms and two bathrooms. The celebrity couple reportedly paid $2.7 million for the new small-scale pad.
Some of the penthouse's features include:
- Well-equipped kitchen with stainless steel cabinetry
- Kitchen that opens to the small dining room
- Exposed beams and hardwood floors in dining room and living room
- Living room with three large south-facing windows, framed with built-in bookshelves
- A laundry closet with stacked machines
- Limestone-heavy bathroom on the lower level
- Small downstairs bedroom with several closets and a skylight
- A custom-built cherry staircase up to the second-level loft bedroom
- Master bedroom loft with several windows
- Lovely south-facing terrace (California girls need their sunbathing terraces, right?)
The place looks pretty modest and bright. I could definitely handle living there with my sweetie. The kids will have to get their own place, I'm afraid.
Both Katy and Russell have made headlines lately -- Katy for showing too much bosom on Sesame Street and Russell for his arrest after clocking a paparazzi trying to take a photo up Katy's dress. Never a dull moment for these two. Maybe a little nesting in New York will keep them out of trouble for awhile.
What do you think of the new place?
Images via The Real Estalker