So maybe you also have a fireplace you don't use. Or maybe it's a non-working fireplace. And still others of you might simply want to know what to do with a fireplace in the wood-burning off-seasons.
Happy to have come across these 6 simple ideas for a non-working or unused fireplace.
1. (shown above) Stack a pretty display of wood in your fireplace.
And five more fireplace ideas for you ...
2. Disguise it with a piece of art, a painting, or something far more stunning.
3. Put a live plant in your non-working fireplace.
4. Make a fireplace library and stuff it full of books.
5. Ignore it (or paint a piece of plywood to cover it) and continue to decorate the mantel with things you love.
6. In a bedroom, use the fireplace as a headboard.
Do you have a fireplace? Do you use it?