Excuse our S**t My Dad Says moment, but most of us learned from dear old Dad the secret to fixing any problem in the world.
And as the world of sturdy chunky sticks-to-everything tapes expands with dozens of designer brands, we have a whole new outlet for home decor.
Imagine wall stripes with these. A removable border in your teen's room. Backing your shelves. Creating a colorful bulletin board. Marking your storage containers.
Try these favorites:
1. Polka Dots. The Platypus line of polka dots ($8.50) is perfect for a band around the center of a little girl's room, or use it to create "frames" for her artwork.
2. Zebras. Love the zebra motif but don't want to overdo things? Add some accents with zebra stripes from Duck Tape to your mod black and white living room.
3. Bright Colors. Not confident with your ability to add stripes of solid color in straight lines? It's (almost) impossible to screw it up with these.
4. Wood. Add wood accents without the expense -- these are just $8 a roll.
5. Camo. You can't make the mess in your little boy's room disappear, but you can hide it with a $7.99 roll of camo duct tape.
6. Burberry. Technically it's a knock-off named "Bourbon Berry," but that means this stuff is easy on the wallet at $7.98 a roll.