Good design doesn't have to ruin your budget. With a little creativity and some savvy shopping, more often than not, you can recreate a pricey look for lots less than the designers do.
I loved recreating a room on the cheap for The Stir readers a couple weeks ago, so I'm back to do it again!
This time, I picked this sleek, clean, and incredible-looking bedroom that is straight out of a magazine.
Here are my picks to recreate this bedroom's look for less.
1. The lace afghan in the picture is stunning, and I love it. Here's a nicely priced lookalike afghan from Etsy seller Seamless Stitch for $65.
2. Whenever I want to recreate a look for less, IKEA is one of my first stops. That's where I'd get this similar lamp, the Barometer lamp for $49.99.
3. When I saw the nightstand in the picture above, I thought about one I featured on The Stir before, a storage nightstand from SpaceSavers.com for $55.
4. For this stunning dresser, I'd wholeheartedly recommend perusing eBay or Craigslist. I found this vintage dresser in mere minutes for $150 in my area.
5. I love the idea of using a vintage telephone in a room's decor whether or not you can actually talk on the phone. Here's a $20 phone from Clever Alice's Etsy shop.
Recreating the majority of this room cost a grand total of $339.99. And if you'd like a signature budget-friendly headboard, perhaps one of these ideas will work:
Do you have a room you love that you'd like to see recreated for less?