Beach Living bedroomI spend hours and hours looking at style and design blogs and perusing decor magazines, and I usually think one thought: "I could never afford that." And I'm usually right.
But, one challenge I like to give myself every now and then is to recreate a room on a budget.
Here's one such challenge. I found this beautiful "beach living" bedroom on the Better Homes & Gardens website, and I fell in love. I was determined to recreate the look for less and for all of you.
Here's the room, broken down.
Beach Living Bedroom from Better Homes & Gardens
1. Although the base on this Quatro Table Lamp ($39.99) from Bed Bath & Beyond is slightly more narrow, it's got that same sleek and simple look.
2. Hang three of these 8" x 10" Structure Wall Frames ($22.95/each) from Crate & Barrel side by side and you've recreated a similar wall art look.
3. This taupe curtain panel from Overstock.com ($41.99) are a near match (although a bit sheer, which I like) and they're really classic, simple, and pretty. Perfect for this room.
4. This round pintuck pillow from Urban Outfitters ($24) is unique, pretty, and cheap! It also comes in other colors, if you need some fun pillows for any other rooms in the house.
5. The throw blanket I picked out -- this gold textured throw from Amazon ($27.99) -- is slightly golder than the picture but I think it goes well, and it's still neutral.
6. Although this Manor House bedspread from JCPenney is missing the palm trees, it's got the same bright colors and clean look, and it's a great price, starting at $69.99.
You can recreate this look for a grand total of $226.91. That's a pretty great room for under $250!
What room have you been loving lately that you'd like to recreate for less?
Image via Better Homes & Gardens