Two young adults by the names of Jeff Russ, 23, and Olivia Rotondo, 22, died last weekend. Not because of some raging stampede at the Electric Zoo electronic music festival over on Randall's Island, which they had probably both been looking forward to for months. But because they took some bad MDMA -- a crazy powerful form of Ecstasy that many people know as Molly (thanks, Miley).
Well I'm here to tell you that this bullshit needs to stop. I've seen the rants on Facebook from people who were planning on attending Sunday's concert, complaining that two people ruined the party for thousands. Get a grip, people. This is bigger than one day of music.
Molly is NOT a joke. It's not something that we should be OK with celebrities "casually" listing off in their songs. If we don't take this fad drug seriously, these two highly talked about overdoses will be just the tip of the iceberg of what's to come.