How are you feeling this morning, sunshine? Even if you didn't spend all of last night boozing it up, consuming all those wings, chips, and Sloppy Joes has got to be hurting. How to get back to a healthy place? Here are our top five cures for the morning after...the morning after the Super Bowl, that is...
1. Water: Hydration and flushing out toxins are the keys to feeling better.
2. Electrolytes: Replenish your body's salts and minerals with sports drinks (Gatorade) or tomato juice with lime. I'm also a fan of coconut water, which is sold at health stores and places like Whole Foods.
3. Ginger: Ginger tea will help to ease a nauseous stomach.
4. Light exercise (emphaisis on "light): It's probably the last thing you feel like doing, but going for a walk or light job will get the blood pumping and gets more oxygen to all parts of your body.
5. Twisting yoga poses: Planet Green suggests this seated twist yoga pose to squeese out the toxins from your organs. Here's how to do it:
- Sit on the floor, legs extended. Bend your left leg over your right leg, and place your left foot on the floor on the outside of your right leg.
- Twist your torso to the left.
- Slowly inhaling and exhaling, hold for 30 seconds.
- Switch to the other side.
Whatever you do on the morning after, resist the urge to eat a big, greasy breakfast. It may sound tempting in the short-term, but it will make you drag the rest of the day.
What do you do to feel better the morning after a night of heavy eating or drinking?