Photo by kittykat1919
I don't have time to do exercises that aren't worth it. Take this week: Things happened so quickly that I didn't make it to the gym. Today, as I was planning my weekend so it included some sweat, I ran across this Redbook article about 9 Exercises to Avoid. Who knew wearing weight belts was about as helpful to fitness as a bowl of Ben & Jerry's Karamel Sutra?
Here are the nine least effective exercises...
- Lat pull-down behind the head
- Military press behind the head
- Upright row
- Lying leg press with knees bent too deeply
- Squats on the smith machine
- Any exercise wearing the wrong shoes
- Spot-reducing exercises
- Using bad form on the cardio machines
- Always lifting with a weight belt
In search of more exercise ideas, I found this a post about what CafeMoms do when it's time to work out.
What are your favorite and least favorite forms of exercise?