If you're celebrating New Year's with a drink in hand and a diet in mind, you might want to consider the calorie counts of some popular alcoholic beverages.
I just took a quiz over at Fit Sugar, and failed it miserably, but here's what I found out:
1. A 5-ounce cosmopolitan contains 24 calories.
2. An 8-ounce mojito contains 175 calories.
3. A 6-ounce chocolate martini contains 438 calories! Yikes!
4. An 8-ounce rum and coke contains 246 calories.
5. A 6-ounce margarita on the rocks contains 168 calories.
6. A 6-ounce gin and tonic contains 128 calories.
If I drink anything this New Year's Eve, it will probably be some champagne (a 4-ounce glass has about 90 calories).
Will you be toasting to the New Year? Are you concerned about calories?