I had the flu—twice—in December, and although most days I was too sick to lift myself up to a sitting position, I did have a few moments of semi-consciousness in which I realized just how bored I was to be lying in bed all day...
Illness is our bodies' way of telling us to slow down and be nice to ourselves. If you find yourself home sick with the flu (and have enough energy to raise your head), here are five easy activities to keep yourself from being too bored and miserable:
- Catch up on trashy reality TV. After two bouts with the flu, I can safely say that I am fully caught up on Real Housewives of Orange County, What Not to Wear, and, my personal all-time favorite, Jersey Shore.
- Rent movies. On Demand offers a slew of free movies daily. Otherwise, you can rent movies from iTunes for $2.99 each.
- Plan your next vacation or family outing. When else are you going to have this much time to do the online research?
- Read. Who cares if it's a good novel, trashy celeb rags, or the Anthropologie catalog?
- Illicit as much sympathy as you can from family and friends. You take care of them, why shouldn't they take care of you with hot tea and honey, chicken soup, medications, etc.?
What do you do when you are sick?