The flu worked its way through my house last week, so I spent a lot of time searching on CafeMom for ways to feel better—stat! Moms in the Green Organic Natural Simple Living group had some great suggestions for natural remedies to relieve cold and flu symptoms...
- Cirreh: Tea with honey to break up a cough, congestion, or queasiness.
- Hgibsonorc: We use fresh-squeezed lime juice and drink it like a straight shot for sore throats and coughs.
- Rkoloms: Honey (antibacterial) and cayenne pepper (anti-inflammatory) make the best syrup for soothing a cough or cold. Raw garlic (no more than one clove a day) has lots of antibacterial properties, too. Peppermint is a natural decongestant; we keep lots of peppermint tea on the shelf. Ginger tea and chamomile are both great for nausea.
- Heidi428: For colds I make a hot tea with lemon and honey. I also make a soup with cayenne pepper and stock up on fresh pineapple.
- SanDiegoMaxMom: Good, old-fashioned chicken soup. A spoon of honey does wonders for a sore throat or cough.
What's your favorite natural remedy for the cold or flu?
CafeMom's Swine Flu Guide