A healthy diet is an important part of protecting yourself during the cold and flu season (especially now with so much concern surrounding the H1N1 flu). Experts believe the following 10 foods (as part of a well-balanced diet) can help boost your immune system so it can fight off the cold and flu "bugs."
- Turmeric (a spice commonly used in Middle Eastern foods)
- Yogurt (containing live, active cultures) and kefir
- Leafy green vegetables (Spinach, cabbage, Swiss chard)
- Coconut oil
- Citrus fruits (oranges, grapefruit, mangoes
- Lean protein (low-fat dairy, lean turkey or chicken)
Am I missing any immunity boosting foods? How do you protect yourself from the flu?