Now that the weather's getting cooler, I've had to move my cardio workouts (walking, running, biking) indoors. My gym has TVs attached to each cardio machine, but on some days it's just not enough to get me through...
I'm too bored!
Luckily, Women's Health Magazine offers four cardio routines to combat exercise burnout. Thirty minutes is all you need. The secret to beating the tedium? Mix it up!
The Full-Body Toner
- Jump rope for 30 seconds and rest for 30 seconds. Repeat 5 times.
- Do as many reps of each of the following five exercises—squats, push-ups, step-ups, dips, and crunches—as you can in 1 minute, moving to the next without rest. Repeat 1 time.
- Finish with a 10-minute jog.
The Calorie Scorcher (Yikes!)
- Choose any three cardio machines (StairMaster, Elliptical, Treadmill, etc.).
- On the first one, go for 10 minutes at an effort level of 5 or 6.
- Move immediately to the next machine and go hard, at an effort level of 9 or 10 for another 10 minutes.
- Finally, switch to the last machine and do 10 minutes at a 5 or 6 effort.
Check out Women's Health Magazine for even more 30-minute cardio workouts.
How do you mix up your exercise routine?