Photo by TaMpaPhoTog_MoM
October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month. I'm participating in the Avon Walk for Breast Cancer here in New York, as well as rocking my pink bracelet all month long, but there are several things you can do throughout the month to show your support.
- If you have a website or blog, join in on the Pink for October campaign.
- At The Breast Cancer Site site, you can simply click on a button to help fund free mammograms for women in need.
- Host a Breast Cancer Fundraising Event, like a walk, run, or bike in your neighborhood.
- Visit a Breast Cancer Survivors Group and show your support for them. Search for "Breast Cancer Survivors" in your area. Or read survivor stories online.
- Use pink ribbons, graphics, and fonts in your emails and letters.
- Wear something pink.
- Put a breast cancer awareness widget on your CafeMom profile.
- Race for the cure.
- Donate or volunteer.
- Check out breast cancer awareness events in your area.
What are some ways you plan on participating in Breast Cancer Awareness Month?